The perfect starter bit for your horse.
Thank you for supporting two small, independent, Made-in-the-USA businesses! (Phoenix Rising Saddles and Bowman Bits, USA)
Lab-tested 100% lead and heavy metal free! This bit is gentle, pinchless, and has plenty of tongue relief. It is designed for the young horse, and possesses many of the same features as the Imus Comfort Bit. The rider can start the horse by placing the reins on the middle, or snaffle, ring of the bit. Once the youngster has mastered the art of balancing the rider's weight, halting, stopping, turning, and backing on cue, a chin strap is added to the top ring of the bit, and the reins are moved down to the lower rings. This gives the bit a mild curb effect, encouraging light flexion at the poll and slight rounding through the back.
One full season of working with this bit is recommended before moving the horse in to the Imus Comfort Bit for higher level training. Just think how much confusion is avoided, as the horse is already accustomed to the action of the curb bit when it is first introduced! (This bit is an invaluable tool for retraining horses that have become stiff and sour to harsher bits.)
The mouthpiece is 5" but it accommodates between a 4 1/2" and 5 1/2" mouth. It's pinchless so if it's a little snug (not tight) at the corner of the lips it won't be uncomfortable or interfere with the action of the curb. If it fits a little large that's okay too because the bit is designed to give a nice rolling request at the lips and there is no point when the rider takes on the reins that the bit is pulled from side to side.
- This unique bit has a mouthpiece that offers plenty of tongue relief encouraging the horse to drop his head into the bit rather than stiffening up against it.
- It is built with flush brass fittings in the pinchless mouthpiece and has very smooth independent action from side to side.
- All Imus Bits purchased from Phoenix Rising Saddles have our registered trademark 4-Beat logo engraved on them for authenticity! See photo for details.
- All bits are made in the USA using precision engineering, cutting edge technology and the highest quality of materials available.
- 5 Year Warranty!
We are often asked to clarify what exactly we improved about our Imus line of bits in 2013.
- They are now precision engineered and made in the USA with the highest quality material available
- Re-engineered internal workings to strengthen working parts and facilitate the smoothest movement.
- Lengthened and slightly flattened the copper roller to cover all movable parts in the mouthpiece. This completely covers the bushings to keep the bit completely pinchless, and prevents damage to structural integrity from torque. (pictures of lookalike bits often have their mouthpieces and copper rollers edited to look this way, but the bushings are actually exposed)
- Made bushings internal on the cheek-pieces to strengthen and prevent loosening and pinching
- Manufactured with their original purchase-to-shank ratio, which is key to effect the proper sequence of actions with the bit.
- Manufactured with proper angles of shanks
- Backed by a 5 Year warranty
- Lab-tested 100% free of lead and other heavy metals
Important Note: Our bits cost us more to produce than what the imitations retail for. Phoenix Rising Saddles is the only distributor of the Imus line of products. Other companies sell cheaper imitations of the older style bit and sell them under the name "Comfort Gait Bit" or "Training Transition Bit" If it doesn't have our Registered Trademark 4-Beat logo engraved on the it, it's not a true 2nd Generation Imus bit.
Watch: Bitting the Gaited (and non-gaited) Horse (VIDEO)
Read: Ten Common Myths about Gaited Bits
In comparing the fit and finish between this training bit and 2 Mylars that I purchased, the Imus bit is put together much better. I had to drip vegetable oil in the new Mylar joints because they squeaked. So far I am thrilled with my Imus bit and am getting to know it with just my hands first. I have not gotten to use it on my horse yet, but I look forward to it. The reason why I bought it is because it stays a solid bar. My mft horse is very sensitive and prefers very little movement in his bit.
I bought both bits, 4 saddle pads, (2 for my horses, 2 for friends horses) a Have a Heart pad for an old friend horse, and especially the Imus 4-Beat saddle for me & whichever horse I ride. It’s sooo comfortable!!
This company goes extra mile on Everything!!
Customer Service, Quality & my favorite Comfort for all horses.
Cannot say enough good for this caliber of people & company!!!!
High 5’s & 5 Stars!!
Let Phoenix Rising wow you & your horses.
Always Happy Trails!!
My mare is just at the beginning stage of accepting a bit and she accepted the 2nd Generation Imus Training Transition Bit with absolutely no hesitation. She hasn't actually worked using the bit yet but I am very pleased with the acceptance of the bit and am hopeful that this bit will work beautifully when we actually start training with it in her mouth with light pressure.
this bit is nicely balanced and the horse holds it well. thinking about using it on one of my other horses.
Received my saddle pad yesterday and LOVE IT and... my horse relaxes with the bit.
YOU can sleep so well knowing you have such awesome products.
I will get a Phoenix Rising Saddle...later, but I will get one.