6/21/22 Update: Legacy Saddles are currently 3-6 weeks estimated shipping
All our gaited horse saddles come with our 14 day trial and expert fitting support! Custom Legacy saddles builds are currently 10-12 weeks.
All our saddles come with our 14 day trial and expert fitting support! The best trail saddle on the market (at least we are convinced so!). The Phoenix Rising Legacy Saddle is built with the same flexible tree, leather suspended ground seat, and Supracor padding under the saddle, in the seat and stirrups as the Imus 4-Beat Saddle. We've made some stylistic changes, including a square skirt for a traditional western saddle look. These saddles work beautifully for all horse types, gaited and non-gaited. Comfort and the ability to move unimpeded under saddle are important for every horse, no matter how it moves.
**PLEASE USE THE ARROWS IN THE GALLERY TO SCROLL THROUGH THE GALLERY OF PHOTOS TO SEE DESCRIPTIONS AND PICTURES OF OUR BORDER AND CANTLE OPTIONS.**
For more information about Phoenix Rising Legacy Saddles' trees check out our short informational video about our tree and Supracor HERE
- Available in 15”, 16” or 17” or 18" Seat Sizes (western sizing). If you aren't sure of your seat size, check out our chart here.
- Standard Tree or Wide Tree Available--our saddle will conform to each horse it's on, providing a custom-like fit for each horse.
- All Legacy Saddles come with your border choice with basket weave accents, outer fender rigging with basket weave, decorative conchos and tie strings (6), matching stirrups, extra long latigo leathers to accommodate our 3-point rigging, and pre-turned fenders (California Twist).
Specially Designed Tree designed for unique forward placement, placing rider over horse’s true center of gravity. Designed for complete freedom of movement and to accommodate the gaited horse’s back
Flexible Tree with leather suspended ground seat to prevent bars from collapsing under rider’s weight. Provides incredibly close feeling to the horse.
Carefully calculated degree of flexibility in the bars offers gaited horses unprecedented comfort and freedom of motion, while still correctly distributing the rider’s weight.
- Forward set, free-swinging stirrups to avoid pressure on rider’s ankles, knees, hips and pelvis
- Places rider in “bareback” position, allowing rider to truly be in balance with their horse without constricts of saddle
- Supracor © therapeutic padding placed under the bars of the tree to eliminate pressure soreness and ensure a custom fit
- Supracor © therapeutic padding placed in the seat and the matching 4-Beat® stirrups for unparalleled rider comfort
- 14 day trial to ensure a great fit for both horse and rider
- Expert fitting advice both pre and post-sale
Each Legacy Saddle Comes Standard With:
- Matching 4-Beat® Stirrups with Supracor© padding in the tread
- Dee and O rings with 6 sets leather tie strings for attaching gear
- Pre-Turned Fenders and stirrups (California Twist)
- Cheyenne Roll (unless otherwise specified)
- Crupper Ring
- 2 extra long latigo leathers to accommodate 3-Point Rigging
- Hand-made in Colorado, USA with top grade Wickett & Craig full grain leather
- Weighs approximately 35 pounds
Need Help fitting your horse? We provide expert fitting support HERE
For more information about Imus 4-Beat and Legacy Saddles check out our short informational video about our tree and Supracor HERE
All saddles have a 6% restocking fee in the event of a return for a refund. This covers our original shipping to you and part of the non-refunded merchant fees. In the event of an exchange, difference in cost of saddles may be applicable.
I've been searching for three years to find a saddle that fits my Thoroughbred mare. I contacted Phoenix Rising by email. They were very professional and helpful. I sent them pictures and received the recommended size. I received the saddle in March 2020. It is beautiful and it fits her so well that she is moving like a dream. The same saddle also fits my other horses too! It is super comfortable on long trial rides. Best saddle on the market, in my opinion.
This is my 3rd saddle purchase from Phoenix Rising Saddles, the first one in the Legacy style. They are all wonderful with excellent craftsmanship. The Legacy was purchased as used but there is not a blemish on it, it is beautiful and comfortable for both me and my horse!
love my new legacy saddle. It fits my horse and me and I'm telling everyone I know about it! The craftsmanship is superb and I would expect to pay much more for the quality of this saddle. Outstanding!