Looking for the best gaited trail saddle? You've found the right place! We have the best trail saddles, built for comfort for both horse and rider. We have analyzed gaited saddle problems-and worked out all the appropriate solutions. The result of this work is our Imus 4-Beat® Gaited saddle. These saddles have been painstakingly designed the action, or motion, of gaited horses (though it works great for all horse types!). With all its unique features we feel it is the best gaited saddle on the market.
Unsurpassed in comfort for both horse and rider, this saddle may look like other saddles on the outside - but that's where similarities end.
The Imus 4-Beat® Gaited saddle encourages the horse's natural 4-beat gait. When you begin to custom build your own saddle, you'll be presented with a list of options. These allow you to order the best trail saddle that is exactly what you want.
All saddles come standard with matching Supracor padded 4-Beat® Stirrups, Leather Tie Strings, and extra-long latigos to accommodate the 3-Point Rigging.
If there is an option you do not see available below and would like on your saddle, call or email and please ask us, because we can probably make it happen with our extraordinary saddle craftsmen.
**PLEASE USE THE ARROWS TO SCROLL THROUGH THE GALLERY OF PHOTOS TO SEE DESCRIPTIONS AND PICTURES AND DESCRIPTIONS OF CANTLE OPTIONS.**
Available Configuration of the Imus 4-Beat® Gaited Saddle:
- Available in 15”, 16” or 17” or 18" Seat Sizes (western sizing) If you aren't sure of your seat size, check out our chart here.
- Standard Tree or Wide Tree Available
- Western, Endurance with Leathers or Endurance with Western Fenders Configurations
- Many options available!
Flexible Tree with leather suspended ground seat to prevent bars from collapsing under rider’s weight. Provides incredibly close feeling to the horse.
Carefully calculated degree of flexibility in the bars offers gaited horses unprecedented comfort and freedom of motion, while still correctly distributing the rider’s weight.
- Forward set, free-swinging stirrups to avoid pressure on rider’s ankles, knees, hips and pelvis
- Places rider in “bareback” position, allowing rider to truly be in balance with their horse without constricts of saddle
- Supracor © therapeutic padding placed under the bars of the tree to eliminate pressure soreness and ensure a custom fit
- Supracor © therapeutic padding placed in the seat and the matching 4-Beat® stirrups for unparalleled rider comfort
- 14 day trial to ensure a great fit for both horse and rider
- Unparalleled pre and post-sale support from knowledgeable staff!
Each Imus 4-Beat® Saddles Comes Standard With:
- Matching 4-Beat® Stirrups with Supracor © padding in the tread
- Dee and O rings with 6 sets leather tie strings for attaching gear
- Crupper Ring
- 2 extra long latigo leathers to accommodate 3-Point Rigging
For more information about Imus 4-Beat Saddles® check out our short informational video about our tree and Supracor HERE
Need Help fitting your horse? We provide expert fitting support HERE
Learn all about the Imus 4-Beat Saddles HERE
The saddle is of very good quality and is just what I and my TWH mare needed. I would recommend this saddle to anyone with a gaited horse or nongaited horse. It puts you on your horse where you need to be an the most comfort for your horse. Thank You so much Jamie and Jonna.
The struggle was real when it came to saddle fitting my boy. From sending pictures in to getting my saddle this process was incredible. I have put two rides in on my new saddle. The craftsmanship is phenomenal. It is the most beautiful saddle. And literally it is like sitting on a cloud. I have ridden in dozens of saddles and I have never sat in anything so comfortable and balanced. The preturned fenders were so worth it. My new knee replacement says Thank you!! I am more than pleased!! Thank you so much.
I received my new saddle (Mahogany full leather) 2 weeks ago. My horse loves it, which means I LOVE it! It really is comfy! He is moving more freely than he has in a long time. What a beautiful saddle and so well made. Top drawer all the way! Thank you for making such a wonderful product! ~Nancy and Toby
Hi Jamie....been a while. Years ago (6 maybe), I bought your saddle, bit, breast collar, and pad. Although heavily used....still going STRONG! Just wanted to say hello while complimenting on the Imus products. Dave
(Received via email) Good day to you folks. I miraculously found a great condition 4 Beat saddle in British Columbia, Canada. My horse and I are very, very happy with it.
I happened upon my saddle within an hour of it coming on Facebook, did some quick research on your website, took a leap of faith and bought it right away, with a disappointed lady right behind me who wanted it if I changed my mind.
I have been so happy with that decision, about 20 rides since I got it in December. if I had to replace it, I would buy new if I had to, which ouches more in Canadian dollars but this is the saddle I have been looking for all my riding life.